Banner text customization for Subscriptions plugin

Hey, love the subcriptions plugin, unfortunately I’m stuck trying to find how to change the banner text

I saw this post but that was a different bug instead of a way to change the default text. Would love to know if this is currently possible

I want to change the default text

Support Us, We need your help to keep this community up and running!

I’d love to know if there’s anyway to customize that text.

There’s nothing wrong with it, I just want to write something myself that matches my branding/marketing style, as well as what I want newcomers to know about the pricing of my community

PS: I couldn’t find where to tag this discourse post under subscriptions subscriptions tag, please point me in the right direction if there’s a way for me to do that to keep this post organized

Thanks!

6 Likes

Hello and welcome @santiyounger :slightly_smiling_face:

You can change any site text, including plugins, from the /admin/customize/site_texts page. If you copy a snippet from what you want to change and paste it into the search box there, it should bring up the right fields to edit. :+1:

In this case, the “Support Us” one is js.discourse_subscriptions.campaign.title, and the “We need your help to keep this community up and running!” is js.discourse_subscriptions.campaign.body

4 Likes

thank you so much! really appreciate the help. I thought it wasn’t possible so I was hacking the CSS in strange ways with this hahah

.campaign-banner-info-header {
    font-size: 0px;
}

.campaign-banner-info-header:before {
        content: "Join The Community";
     font-size: 2rem;
}

but of course I’ll delete that now and do it your way

1 Like

Another quick question, do you know if there’s any way to include a link withing that text.

I tried it this way with HTML

Hey Learn more here Visit W3Schools.com!

but as you can see that doesn’t work

Is there any way to modify the text and include HTML for links, or even better buttons?

Thanks a lot!

1 Like

You’re right, that one doesn’t seem to accept links like a lot of the others. :thinking: You could pop a request in the main Discourse Subscriptions topic and see if that’s an oversight or a limitation?

Though you should be able to add some CSS to replace it with your own swish one if you had something special in mind?

2 Likes

thanks a lot, I’ll definitely write a request. In the meantime I’m more than happy with a CSS workaround. I’m a bit lost on how to achieve it with CSS

What I had in mind is adding an additional button next to the existing “SUPPORT” button (or if button is too hard, hyperlinked text will do)

Any tips or ideas on how to do this please?

Thanks a lot!

1 Like

I’m afraid that was based on my faith in the customisability of Discourse, rather than my ability to achieve it. :slightly_smiling_face:

I think to add buttons you’d need to override the template, which needs more than a bit of CSS. There’s quite a bit of info on creating theme components and overriding templates in the Developer’s guide to Discourse Themes.

Though if you want to add a ‘Join this Community!’ button then it’s worth mentioning that I think the campaign banner only shows for logged in users. You may be better off exploring something like Versatile Banner or Welcome link banner as an alternative for the anonymous users.

1 Like

awesome, no worries thanks for all the help, I’ll see what I can do with other tools. I particularly enjoy versatile banner, thanks for the great tips!

1 Like