I can't change my admin user email

I’ve moved your posts over to here to keep all the information of the issue in one place so people can find it easier to help you. :+1:

Just to note as well, you should consider not revealing your admin email itself in your help requests. One of our community experts is helpfully editing it out of your posts as you go, but it would be easier if it was not included. :slightly_smiling_face:

It seems you’ve figured out how to get to the rails console. :+1: But it looks like you’ve included the placeholder = signs when inputting the username. You should enter the username without them.

Though @pfaffman has suggested an alternative method if this one is proving too tricky:

If you create a second admin it would allow you to remove the admin privileges from the account you want to change the email address of, and remove the security restriction of needing email confirmation from the old email address. You can then change the email of the original account using the new admin, before regranting admin privileges again.

You can find more info about the create admin rake task in Create Admin Account from Console

1 Like