If offline when pushing the reply button

Try this test. Compose a reply to some thread. Okay now switch your cell phone to offline. Now press the reply button to send the reply. Now turn your network back on. The reply gets stuck with the saving message spiiner forever and it never gets posted.

The only way to get out of the predicament, is to discard your edit. If one wants to keep editing then one just goes back to the spinner.

Sure you might say why would anybody in the world want to go offline and then push Reply?

Well let’s just say I’m stress testing the software!

Hello :wave:

I tested this, and if this were to occur you can just refresh the page and your draft will save :slight_smile:

That’s good to know. Except usually when we’re worried something will get lost, the last thing we want to do is push the refresh button! Yes I trust you it’ll have a happy ending, but most users wouldn’t want to take the risk.

1 Like

That’s one of the things I love about Discourse. Drafts are auto-saved so you can close the tab and pick it up later!

Anyways, here is a video of when this bug occurs and you refresh.

Hmm, in your video at the center of the screen is

No Internet connection
Refresh page

Well if they refresh the page without an Internet connection, won’t that sort of be catastrophic?

Or maybe if it is the right thing to do, then the program should do it automatically.

Or maybe it means when you notice you have your connection back, then here is a refresh link you might like to push.