Image Annotator - Allows you to annotate images in the previewer

Try click out to done your current edit tool, before save your image.

1 Like

It seems depends on paragraph/image below current image. If content next to image is null (or heading), it will not able to complete action or replace next image.

1 Like

This TC is brilliant - but I’ve noticed an error in the browser console which seems to be associated with it:

It still seems to work though so this is no big deal.

Also, I do wonder if it would be better if the options to crop and edit tied in better with the new ‘edit the title’ functionality, perhaps with an icon or two next to those ones instead. It is a bit of a clash when hovering gives one lot of options and clicking another!

1 Like

Editing works, but it didn’t save and I got this CSP related error:

CSP Violation: 'eval' 

(a=0)=>{let b;const c=class{};}

Backtrace

/var/www/discourse/app/controllers/csp_reports_controller.rb:14:in `create'
/var/www/discourse/vendor/bundle/ruby/2.7.0/gems/actionpack-7.0.3/lib/action_controller/metal/basic_implicit_render.rb:6:in `send_action'
/var/www/discourse/vendor/bundle/ruby/2.7.0/gems/actionpack-7.0.3/lib/abstract_controller/base.rb:215:in `process_action'
/var/www/discourse/vendor/bundle/ruby/2.7.0/gems/actionpack-7.0.3/lib/action_controller/metal/rendering.rb:53:in `process_action'
/var/www/discourse/vendor/bundle/ruby/2.7.0/gems/actionpack-7.0.3/lib/abstract_controller/callbacks.rb:234:in `block in process_action'
/var/www/discourse/vendor/bundle/ruby/2.7.0/gems/activesupport-7.0.3/lib/active_support/callbacks.rb:118:in `block in run_callbacks'
/var/www/discourse/app/controllers/application_controller.rb:415:in `block in with_resolved_locale'
/var/www/discourse/vendor/bundle/ruby/2.7.0/gems/i18n-1.10.0/lib/i18n.rb:328:in `with_locale'
/var/www/discourse/app/controllers/application_controller.rb:415:in `with_resolved_locale'
/var/www/discourse/vendor/bundle/ruby/2.7.0/gems/activesupport-7.0.3/lib/active_support/callbacks.rb:127:in `block in run_callbacks'

I tried iPad and iPhone, and I’m using S3 — if any of those plays some roll.

1 Like

CSP situation is resolvable with the new patterns used in:

Would love to see a PR that adds this in.

4 Likes

Hello, very useful component. Is it possible to add a circular crop to an image?

2 Likes

This is an extremely great component for any community!

Atm this will come in handy to create forum tutorials on how to functions!

Thank you so much for this truly wicked & wild feature rich idea!

:vulcan_salute::star_struck::beers:

2 Likes

Have you tried it using a mobile?

2 Likes

yes it works to some degree on testing.

1 Like

That’s nice. Maybe I have to give a new try to it. Because last summer it did not work on any Apple’s products or androids either.

1 Like

Cropping and some things work well. I did find drawing with pen might not…

I am on android. I clucked in oreview window to cluck on image.

1 Like

Seems like it compresses the image after using the plugin. Or messes whit the quality somehow.

It also removes the lightbox from the image that have been edited, I guess that’s problem. It won’t load the full image when not in lightbox.

1 Like

So you are telling that major parts of an annotation tool actually isn’t working :wink:

2 Likes

Quite possibly. at keast with drawing.

The crop add text make squares? seems to work though. as mentioned very quick test.

Simple enough to introduce feature in an announcement detailing mobile has limitations and for best xp use a desktop pc.
:beers::wink:

1 Like

If your on mobile this could be a limitation due to image size.

1 Like

It removes the lightbox function after using the edit.
Possible because of mobile use as well.

2 Likes

good to know definitely need more testing and if need be state desktop only with keeping mobe availability quiet from non staff. Perhaps.

Thank you for providing test feedback.

1 Like

I gave a short and fast testdrive. It changes scale of an image wrongly, at editing window anyway, but I could do all annotations I wanted — I didn’t try cropping. But… it saved only my edits and image itself was lost.

So, I still count this one as a broken component.

Sure, perhaps that image was too big and perhaps CDN via S3 was the issue, but anyway — if those limitations are true then this is… too limited.

But let’s be straight. This is same like basic audio and video recording. Only limited desktops need such tools because all mobiles can do everything natively.

So perhaps this should tag as #desktop-only?

2 Likes

Very good possibility. I haven’t tested this on a desktop yet. I presume it works well as intended?

1 Like

Not me either. I’m using desktop so rarely nowadays because only job I need it for is audio editing. I have to try it at some point quite soon.

2 Likes