I migrated my discourse install from one host to another yesterday and I’ve come across a peculiar issue.
During the migration, I created a forums2 subomain, assigned what would be the new IP for the forums to it then moved the DB and files over.
Once that was done and working, I updated forums2 subdomain name to “forums”
It’s been behaving pretty well, but I noticed a strange issue with the images in this topic:
The images are not visible and the the HTML points to forums2 as being the image source. Yet if I edit the post, the images are visible and only refer to the relative url path.
An ideas how I might have caused this, or how I can resolve it. I rebaked the posts, that didn’t seem to help.
I noticed the domain was incorrect in my app.yml, fixed, rebuilt, but the problem persists.
Thanks Rafael, “remap and rebake” portion is what I was missing.
I caught one emoji image (Non custom emoji) in a banner topic that the domain stayed with the old one. Not sure why or how, but it’s really not an issue, more of an FYI.