Impersonate the discobot

Is it possible to impersonate the Discobot?

1 Like

Yes, if the account is a developer account (from app.yml) - adding this information from @JammyDodger in case this message is marked as solution.

2 Likes

I believe only sysadmins can impersonate Discobot (ie. the accounts of the emails in the app.yml). Same for system, and I think other admins too.

4 Likes

I’m kinda curious to know why anybody would want to impersonate discobot. What’s your use case? :thinking:

6 Likes

I tested by creating a new admin account and I indeed can’t impersonate Discobot with this one.
I edited my previous message :+1:

3 Likes

People having a party with a disco ball and want a user that loves discoing (If that’s a word)

4 Likes

I can confirm this. I sometimes need to impersonate other admin accounts (long story…) and had to add my admin account’s email to app.yml before I could do so.

3 Likes

I added my mail address my admin account to containers/app.yml in DISCOURSE_DEVELOPER_EMAILS and the mail of the admin I want to impersonate. But when I open the account in admin settings, there is no “Impersonate” button.

What did I forget?

1 Like

Did you rebuild the app?

2 Likes

Ok, I had already thought about that. Thanks, then I know now.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.