Importing from phpBB3

I have no idea. I have created a migration protocol and I’m quite sure I didn’t do anything else than on all the last test runs. Let me give the settings file another check. Maybe some weird copy/paste error.

1 Like

Hmm the first time when I started the importer I also got a traceback from the ruby script all I’m getting now is:

root@import-import:/var/www/discourse# import_phpbb3.sh

ERROR 2002 (HY000): Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock' (2)```

As far as I can see mysql is indeed not running.

I managed to restart mariaDB (for whatever reason it stopped). not this is what I’m getting.

Traceback (most recent call last):
        9: from script/import_scripts/phpbb3.rb:13:in `<main>'
        8: from script/import_scripts/phpbb3.rb:14:in `<module:ImportScripts>'
        7: from script/import_scripts/phpbb3.rb:26:in `<module:PhpBB3>'
        6: from /var/www/discourse/script/import_scripts/phpbb3/database/database.rb:9:in `create'
        5: from /var/www/discourse/script/import_scripts/phpbb3/database/database.rb:9:in `new'
        4: from /var/www/discourse/script/import_scripts/phpbb3/database/database.rb:15:in `initialize'
        3: from /var/www/discourse/script/import_scripts/phpbb3/database/database.rb:39:in `create_database_client'
        2: from /var/www/discourse/script/import_scripts/phpbb3/database/database.rb:39:in `new'
        1: from /var/www/discourse/vendor/bundle/ruby/2.6.0/gems/mysql2-0.5.3/lib/mysql2/client.rb:90:in `initialize'
/var/www/discourse/vendor/bundle/ruby/2.6.0/gems/mysql2-0.5.3/lib/mysql2/client.rb:90:in `connect': Unknown database 'phpbb' (Mysql2::Error)

Not sure why it’s complaining about the missing DB - should it not import that dump and create that DB?

Does the DB name in the settings have to be identical to the one in the dump file?

EDIT: I did another build of the import and setup everything again and it seems to be working now. I have no clue what happened to be honest.

did you manage to solve the problem with transferring the forum?