In-post links to topics - no longer update to the initial posts title

I was editing a WIKI post, but after a while my links to other topics in the forum fail to be updated to match the titles of the topics.

For example, if I write https://meta.discourse.org/t/topic-list-previews/101646 here in this post it becomes Topic list previews as can be demonstrated: Topic List Previews. This no longer happens in any posts of my forum, what has gone wrong? It worked earlier today if I recall correctly, and it also works in the post preview when you are writing / editing a post.

1 Like

A link to your forum might help.

Have you tried How to use Discourse Safe Mode

1 Like

It is for my company’s private forum not accessible to others =/ Thanks for the advice about safe mode!

I tried it out with safe mode activated, as confirmed by a banner, and it all remained the same.

1 Like

As is so often the case. . . .

If safe mode doesn’t cut it, and you need private help, I’m available: Discourse Standard Support – Literate Computing, LLC

1 Like

I was editing a WIKI post, but after a while my links to other topics in the forum fail to be updated to match the titles of the topics.

I have also seen this where there are very large number of links in a single wiki post. Is that where it’s happening for you?

4 Likes

Ah yes I had like 15 links in the post when it stopped working, but it also happened in other posts after this I tried creating. My user is an admin user.

1 Like

That should be limited by max oneboxes per post site setting.

6 Likes

Are all links for topics in public categories?

5 Likes

The links are visible to “everyone” but you still need to be signed in.

I do not know what has changed, I don’t think any admin did anything… I did not even modify the post, but now every link is rendering as it should… A silent failure that silently corrected itself? Hmmm…

1 Like

The best problems to have in life are the ones that go away when you ignore them. :+1:

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.