if [ $(git rev-parse --is-shallow-repository) == "true" ]; then
      git remote set-branches --add origin main
      git remote set-branches origin tests-passed
      git fetch --depth 1 origin tests-passed
  else
      git fetch --tags --prune-tags --prune --force origin
  fi
' failed with return #<Process::Status: pid 139 exit 128>
Location of failure: /usr/local/lib/ruby/gems/3.2.0/gems/pups-1.1.1/lib/pups/exec_command.rb:117:in `spawn'
exec failed with the params {"cd"=>"$home", "hook"=>"code", "cmd"=>["sudo -H -E -u discourse git reset --hard", "sudo -H -E -u discourse git clean -f", "sudo -H -E -u discourse bash -c '\n  set -o errexit\n  if [ $(git rev-parse --is-shallow-repository) == \"true\" ]; then\n      git remote set-branches --add origin main\n      git remote set-branches origin $version\n      git fetch --depth 1 origin $version\n  else\n      git fetch --tags --prune-tags --prune --force origin\n  fi\n'", "sudo -H -E -u discourse bash -c '\n  set -o errexit\n  if [[ $(git symbolic-ref --short HEAD) == $version ]] ; then\n      git pull\n  else\n      git -c advice.detachedHead=false checkout $version\n  fi\n'", "sudo -H -E -u discourse git config user.discourse-version $version", "mkdir -p tmp", "chown discourse:www-data tmp", "mkdir -p tmp/pids", "mkdir -p tmp/sockets", "touch tmp/.gitkeep", "mkdir -p                    /shared/log/rails", "bash -c \"touch -a           /shared/log/rails/{production,production_errors,unicorn.stdout,unicorn.stderr,sidekiq}.log\"", "bash -c \"ln    -s           /shared/log/rails/{production,production_errors,unicorn.stdout,unicorn.stderr,sidekiq}.log $home/log\"", "bash -c \"mkdir -p           /shared/{uploads,backups}\"", "bash -c \"ln    -s           /shared/{uploads,backups} $home/public\"", "bash -c \"mkdir -p           /shared/tmp/{backups,restores}\"", "bash -c \"ln    -s           /shared/tmp/{backups,restores} $home/tmp\"", "chown -R discourse:www-data /shared/log/rails /shared/uploads /shared/backups /shared/tmp", "[ ! -d public/plugins ] || find public/plugins/ -maxdepth 1 -xtype l -delete"]}
bootstrap failed with exit code 128

I have never seen such an error so I don’t know what to right now.

Can please someone tell me what this is or is something missing? (or is Discourse rebuildung the “image” right now?)

Kind regards

First thing I’d suggest is you re-do the git pull and launcher rebuild. It’s possible you were unlucky enough to pick up a version which didn’t quite work.

If this doesn’t work, please post the full log. (Almost everyone who helpfully posts a partial log doesn’t post enough of it!)

1 Like

I did this from Friday afternoon til Sunday evening and evey time the same failure.

Now I can’t post the full log because I don’t have this server anymore. :wink:

We’ve seen problems people have had with odd unreachability of github - people in China, people in some particular cloud provider. So, details of your provider and the location of the system might be (or might have been) useful to help understand the problem.

Sometimes the problem lies with the cloud provider.

(I say odd unreachability, because I think at least once github seemed accessible from the host but not within the container.)

1 Like

I’m from Germany and the hoster was Strato (even from Germany and the server was in Germany too).

It was just a test and had other problems with Strato too, so I reverted the VPS.

1 Like