Installing Discourse With Plesk Onyx (Ubuntu 14.04)

so i ended up doing another install on a plesk-managed system following this guide, though i know it’s not the ideal solution as it uses non-standard ports which one’s discouraged to do in multiple places like: How to specify a different port (not 80) during installation?

but with all the tinkering and testing today with things way over my head i started to think that there might be an easier and more clean solution that just nobody had considered yet - as there seem to be all pieces in place with plesk onyx. as there already is an nginx running and quite configurable from what i can tell Adjusting nginx Settings for Virtual Hosts

from what i could find so far there doesn’t seem to be a way to disable the ‘classic’ webhosting for a subdomain and have a docker container ‘take over’ ports 80&443. but as i understand it it’s an nginx proxying anyways - so shouldn’t it be possible to make this map all the traffic to the docker container (i for one wouldn’t need anything else running in that subdomain.

would be nice if someone with a bit more knowledge of all this could have a look to find a proper solution for this.

tia,
markus.