Installing on Nodechef

Hello,

I have just installed Discourse on Nodechef but am having trouble getting it to work. I sent the following in a ticket to them but thought I may get quicker help here.

This is the installation URL: http://forum-wpdevdesign-5038.nodechef.com. When I visit that, it says that admin email was not provided during the installation. But I did provide one during the set up.

Also, in Cloudflare I have added a CNAME to point to this URL but it is not working. Screenshot: Screen Shot on 2018-09-02 at 18:09:59.png • Droplr

Any help is appreciated.

Unless you’ve followed the official installation instructions, I’m afraid you’re likely to be on your own. We can’t know what unusual things you’ve done, or how the platform you’re targeting works, so it’s impossible to say for sure what you need to do to fix it.

3 Likes

Thanks for your reply.

Nodechef provides a wizard wherein I enter the forum name (for their internal subdomain) and provide a few details like my desired admin email and password and it creates the Discourse forum. There is nothing unusual that could possibly be done (by the user) during the install.

I will wait for their reply to my support ticket. If Nodechef doesn’t work out, I’ll then try Communiteq (formerly DiscourseHosting).

Interesting if it works.

1 Like

If this is a paid hosting service you need to contact them for support, not us.

1 Like

Got it working with some help from Nodechef.

3 Likes