Introducing Discourse Discover

Yes, it includes keyword search.

It resets to the top for me in Safari/macOS. What browser are you using?

5 Likes

The is chrome at my android tablet

5 Likes

Thanks, will look into it. Just for the sake of it, here’s a “it works on my machine” screen recording.

6 Likes

Looks awesome! As an admin it’s very cool seeing your own community featured… :slight_smile:

Would be neat if you could link to categories directly, e.g. discover.discourse.org/interests would show the Interests category without having to select it manually.

7 Likes

I don’t much like International being used to mean “not in English” - perhaps “Other Languages” would be better?

Is Interests intended to include hobbies which might be technical? I’m thinking hobbies such as 3D printing or model making, or retro computing, or collecting of clocks or scientific instruments. Does Tech here mean “Information Technologies probably for work or study”, or perhaps more succinctly “Software”?

8 Likes

Thank you @pmusaraj! I see that the SocialHub is there, but does not appear in the “open source” category. How does the categorization work?

4 Likes

Discourse staff tag the communities using our judgement. Often it is clear what the right tag is for a community, other times less so. I think it’s fair to mark SocialHub as “open source”, adding it now. Thanks!

11 Likes

I’m so proud to have my small forum published in this place :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

14 Likes

Looks great. Is it possible to suggest tags? I think we aren’t tagged at the moment, but the forum is generally about “interests” (extreme brain training). It’s also a discussion area for the competition platform (games, though the forum is about much more than just that).

5 Likes

Hi one of my site is listed but with an entirely different screen shot… It seems the screen capture has been taken on another site :slightly_frowning_face:

5 Likes

Ooops, sorry about that, it should be fixed now.

8 Likes

The announcement reads as if “Discourse Discover” would already be working.

Visiting Discover | Discourse - Civilized Discussion one gets

Has this feature been working and is now on hold?

I would like to learn more about your roadmap.

5 Likes

We have soft-launched the site, you can check it out at discover.discourse.org, a full launch is coming shortly.

10 Likes

This is so cool! :sunglasses:

A small piece of feedback is we could use some thousands separators on those stats to help old farts like me.

IMG_1947

10 Likes

DiscourseBot tried many times access my instance but the cloudflare immediately block his task what I do?
surely I put bypass waf, now I just wait? :smiling_face_with_tear:

1 Like

In the ‘International’ tab, would it be possible to filter communities by language?

5 Likes

Forums don’t declare language every time.

2 Likes

Would it be possible for the filters to reflect in the URL?

As in:
https://discover.discourse.org/type=gaming or
e.g. https://discover.discourse.org/query=jupyter

And even better if as a side-effect, the back-button would also work :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Let me ask how my blog can be listed here, you can check it out at https://businesslab.vn

3 Likes

You have to enable a site setting

6 Likes