iOS app: viewing first forum erases notifications of second

Still happening for me.

Topic title should really be changed, as a refresh of the index is enough to lose notification badges. You don’t have to view any forum.

In the video below I’ve just lost a notification badge. So I explore the app and find it under the All tab. Finally, I go into the forum (where’s there’s still no badge) and find it under the bell notifications view, where I can tap on it.

1 Like

Still happening in the latest TestFlight beta 1.8.12 (421)

In the screen below the list refreshed and a notification badge on forum 2 disappeared. We can still see it, and that it is unread, by tapping on the bell and selecting the “all” tab.

Whoomp, there it is

@gingerbeardman I have a new beta of the app out with a possible fix for this issue. Here’s the link to it: Join the Discourse Hub beta - TestFlight - Apple

This is a very old bug, three years is a long time, thank you for sticking with it and for still using the app. I am very very sorry to have taken so very long to find a fix. The fix is not very complicated, we were resetting the seen notification id but we were only doing so for sites where push notifications aren’t enabled (i.e. sites not hosted by Discourse). I don’t have a good excuse, I just didn’t pay close attention to the right bit of code when I first looked into this.

Anyhow, I very much hope this is fixed in the beta. As usual, let me know if that’s not the case.

1 Like

No worries at all. Better late than never. And in the grand scheme, it’s OK. I’ll be happy to not post any updates on this one :slight_smile:

I can’t see any updated beta right now but TestFlight should automatically install it when it arrives.

1 Like

I am reasonably confident that this is fixed so I submitted the last beta for review by Apple. Thanks again for your help @gingerbeardman.

1 Like

I agree it seems to be fixed.

Cheers!

1 Like

I was mentioned in the release notes! :sweat_smile:

Cheers!

The only outstanding bug from me if this one (also 3 years old; I’m only mentioning it because it happened to me yesterday after editing a post): Editing a post takes me back many posts (redux) - #10 by gingerbeardman (original at Editing a comment takes me back 20 posts in Discourse Hub app)

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.