Is it safe to choose y for "Would you like to attempt to recover space by cleaning docker images and containers in the system?"

Is it safe to choose y in this option?

I run into a situation that I can view the main page of my site but if I try to access from any other incognito windows or other device/browser, will run into a DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN error. And I can not download backup in the admin settings page (stucking on rendering the page)

So I try to run rebuild command the the question on title is here. I do not have a backup, can I choose yes?

I suspect that there is a backup in /var/discourse/shared/standalone/backups/default that you could retrieve. You can also run a backup from the command line. Perhaps you have backups there that are eating up your disk space?

I’d make sure that you do have a backup and then do the rebuild.

Yes, it’s generally safe to recover space that way unless you have some reason to believe that it’s not (and you’d know if you had other docker containers on the machine that you had for some other reason). If Discourse is running, then the current container won’t be deleted by the cleanup, so you will still be able to restart that container.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.