Is there a way to send private messages to the same group but with a different topic title?

Hi, is there a way to send private messages to the same group but with a different topic title?

My use case:
I had 19 users on the same PM. I’d like to send the same exact group another PM but with a different topic title.

Create a group (in the discourse sense of Group, not the vernacular sense of a bunch of people in a pm).

I’m leaning away from creating a discourse group, because I don’t want our group page to be littered with groups that aren’t meant to stay consistently active (like this one). I may just need to copy and paste from an external record of who I want on the PM, then, if Discourse doesn’t have a way to do this.

Is there a way to copy and paste in bulk, instead of entering each email address in one at a time?

I don’t think that there is an elegant solution for your problem.

There are lots of reasons that a creating a group might be too heavy-handed, but you can make groups visible only to members of the group.

I don’t think that there is an easy way to bulk copy-paste recipients into a PM, but sometimes things “just work”.

You can change the title of the PM, but it’ll still be littered with the previous discussion (unless you delete those posts?).

1 Like

I just tried changing the title on a test message, and the email notification that’s received doesn’t actually have the discussion from before hand, which is good enough! Thank you!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.