Issue with Custom CSS in Theme Editor Not Loading

Hi everyone,

I’m encountering an issue with the theme editor on my Discourse site. When I try to edit the custom CSS/HTML under the “CSS” tab, the loading indicator keeps spinning, and the editor never loads. I have attached a screenshot to illustrate the problem.

Here is what I’ve tried so far:

1. Cleared my browser cache.
  2. Disabled all non-official plugins.
  3. Used different browsers and devices.
  4. Verified that my admin account has the necessary permissions.

Despite these efforts, the issue persists. Has anyone else encountered this problem or have any suggestions on how to resolve it?

Thank you in adv

Does the issue persist in safe mode?

1 Like

Yes, it still exists in the safe mode. It seems to be a problem that occurred after the Discourse update yesterday.

I remember that update had 218 commits.

1 Like

Hi everyone,

I’m encountering an issue where the ace.js file fails to load, even when running Discourse in safe mode. This issue prevents the theme editor from functioning properly. I’ve attached a screenshot showing the failed request.

Here is what I’ve tried so far:

1. Cleared browser cache and cookies.
  2. Attempted to access the site using different browsers.
  3. Checked server logs but found no clear indication of the issue.
  4. Verified file permissions and paths on the server.
  5. Rebuilt the app using ./launcher rebuild app.
  6. Ensured all Discourse and plugin updates are installed.

Despite these efforts, the problem persists. Has anyone else encountered this issue or have any suggestions on how to resolve it?

Thank you in advance for your help!

Do you see any errors in the browser’s javascript console?

Also, is this happening on every theme (or theme component) or only this specific one?

我似乎发现了错误,Ace.js 不能在Air 主题中使用

It appears I have stumbled upon an error; Ace.js is incompatible with the Air theme.

1 Like

I can’t reproduce the issue locally with the Air theme. Ace.js loads fine on all the tabs of that theme.

Just curious, could it be an issue with Ad Blocker or the Chinese Great Firewall?

The current version of Discourse will not load a file called ace.js. Instead, it should be named something like this:

So it seems like something went wrong with your update. Are you sure that the ./launcher rebuild app completed successfully?

2 Likes