Launcher fails rebuild and leaves container not running

Hi,

I’m having this problem with launcher rebuild, where the rebuild is failing, but only after stopping the container. discourse-doctor is able to resurrect the forum by restarting the old container, but updating it does not seem to be possible currently. I’ve pasted log in the end of the message.

The installation is from September 2016 and currently running Discourse 2.4.1, upgrades for all the pieces have been running fine so far. The host system is Ubuntu 18.04 with latest updates installed and Docker version 19.03.8, build afacb8b7f0.

Let me know if you need some extra information to better understand the issue. I suppose it would be helpful to add some “printf-debugging” next to the docker run invocation that’s failing.

$ sudo ./launcher rebuild app
Ensuring launcher is up to date
Fetching origin
Launcher is up-to-date
Stopping old container
+ /usr/bin/docker stop -t 10 app
app
cd /pups && git pull && /pups/bin/pups --stdin
/usr/bin/docker: invalid reference format: repository name must be lowercase.
See '/usr/bin/docker run --help'.
cat: cids/app_bootstrap.cid: No such file or directory
"docker rm" requires at least 1 argument.
See 'docker rm --help'.

Usage:  docker rm [OPTIONS] CONTAINER [CONTAINER...]

Remove one or more containers
rm: cannot remove 'cids/app_bootstrap.cid': No such file or directory
** FAILED TO BOOTSTRAP ** please scroll up and look for earlier error messages, there may be more than one.
./discourse-doctor may help diagnose the problem.
1 Like

Could be Can't rebuild because ssh template is removed

Check if your app.yaml contains templates/sshd.template.yml and remove/comment it out if so. I ran into myself recently, hope this is your fix. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Thank you Sir! This was indeed the case.

Your last post was three years ago. That template change causing issues is a badge of honor for those of us with sites from back in the day. :sunglasses:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.