Layouts Plugin

Thanks for your reply. Using no filters but on Latest and Categories the sidebar still doesn’t show. Tried disabling all plugins and components except layouts and category layouts TC with no avail. I must be doing something wrong because works just fine in topics or topic lists.

1 Like

Interesting… I’ve just sent you a PM, let’s try and get that issue resolved.

I think I found a bug with the Layouts Plugin, in the /search it spawns a checkbox that seems to alter the search with skip_context=true/false. The checkbox is checked by default (skip_context=false) and search results are always empty unless the checkbox is unchecked. Checking and unchecking the box breaks the theme settings as well, layouts_sidebar_left_position is set to full but when checking or unchecking the checkbox it cause the header full settings to be ignored.

2 Likes

Thanks @Mr.X_Mr.X , I’ll look into this issue.

2 Likes

@keegan were you able to fix it? I noticed is fixed on pavilion or I m not able to replicate it anymore. Pushing a fix would be great in case there is one, on my instances it cripples the search

Hey @Mr.X_Mr.X I’m able to reproduce the issue on thepavilion.io. I haven’t had the time to check it out yet, but I will try to get to it as soon as I have some more time.

2 Likes

@Mr.X_Mr.X

This issue has been resolved with this commit:

3 Likes

Whenever the Layouts Plugin is enabled, the “tag” field is not prefilled in the composer when creating a new Topic from a Tag page. It seems to be a reincarnation of a previously-resolved bug…

Please do let me know if I can provide assistance, testing, or more information to resolve this!

Please create an issue report here

1 Like

Thank you @angus I have created the issue report on Pavilion.

hey
No content loads when I open a page for any tag.
discourse version : 2.8.9
layout plugin version : 0.3.1

1 Like

I’m facing the same issue as @mouad_belgoute when i choose any Tag value on the homepage tag filter field, the page is empty. I have also checked if data is not received but unfortunately the data was successfully received with 200 status.

@angus any about this problem ? This is blocking my devs :slightly_frowning_face:

Disabling the layout plugin removes the issue.

Hey guys, I can’t reproduce this.

This is a test site with the latest version of Layouts Plugin and Discourse. The Layouts Plugin has the Category List Widget activated. This is a tag route

Could you please provide live examples of the issue either on your community or test.pavilion.tech.

@mouad_belgoute Please try updating Discourse to the latest version.
@attalbialami are you using the same versions as @mouad_belgoute? Are you working on the same site?

1 Like

Yes, I can reproduce this, the problem is that the latest version of the Layouts plugin is not compatible with stable. It does not yield any errors though, the page just turns blank.

2 Likes

Ah! The Layouts Plugin does not currently support the stable branch of Discourse.

@mouad_belgoute @attalbialami Please consider using tests-passed if you want to use this plugin.

1 Like

Thanks for your reply :innocent:

Hi @angus,

Do you know if by any chance the plugin has been fixed for newer versions of the main branch of Discourse or if I need to find another way to achieve what I need? Do you plan on fixing it in the future?

Thanks in advance for your answer

Hey @AriesFR,

The plugin has been working on the main branch of Discourse for some time :slight_smile: If you’re have a specific issue please raise it with us here

1 Like

Yep, it’s been working fine on tests-passed for as long as I can remember. I did submit some slight tweak to the Topic page recently to keep it polished:

As you can see, sidebars are working great, I have used them here for ages:

In addition I added a Layouts widget in the AI Topic Summary Plugin so you can have a summary in a sidebar.

It’s always good to try these things in a staging site, do you have one?

1 Like

Thanks, I will. It might be my not understanding its internals (I’m quite new on discourse), but I tried it on a brand new test installation with two widgets without success (I have nothing displayed on either side). I just need to identify how to explain the issue clearly!

In fact, I haven’t found a comprehensive howto to make it work yet, and that’s very probably the source of my problem.

Edit: I just found out the documentation aside from your link, I’ll dig in it first…
Edit 2: It’s much easier when I find and read the documentation, it’s indeed exactly what I needed. Thanks a lot, it now works fine!

2 Likes