Like notifications in private messages should be green not blue 😄

I strongly disagree. I think that PMs serve different purposes, with different levels of “urgency” in different sites. While some sites might prioritize public topics over PMs, other might be heavily invested in PMs instead of public topics. Particularly for people who watch a large number of categories, I want to be able to see with one glance if I have a PM, without having to open and read the list of notifications. I think the small bit of UI noise is well worth it…

6 Likes

Ah, well. I don’t have strong feelings about this and can get used to the existing functionality.

Will be interesting to see how the messaging functionality develops generally - it has alot of potential and I’m still learning how it fits in.

2 Likes

OK I just cleaned up PM notifications per:

https://github.com/discourse/discourse/commit/f9e5c49350be058179a5e50e986bd14253570f31

• If you are mentioned/quoted/replied to on a message you are tracking, you will get a green notification.

• If a pm gets a general reply and you are tracking it, you will no longer be notified.

• If you are liked in a pm, you get a “blue” notification, which is not going to change

Past behavior was to always notify even if you were simply tracking and blue notifications for quotes/replies etc.

4 Likes

Just to clarify:

• If you are mentioned/quoted/replied to on a message you are watching, you will get a green notification.
  • If a pm gets a general reply and you are watching it, you will get a green notification.
  • If you are liked in a pm, you get a “blue” notification, even if you are watching it.

Is that all correct?

2 Likes

Yes that is all correct.

2 Likes