At the moment, if you ever find yourself in a private conversation there are 3 very painful side effect.
- You will get one green notification per message.
- The green notification will not go away till you read the particular message.
- You have no way to get off the boat.
Effectively this limits the usefulness and prevalence of private conversations.
- We roll up notification so you only get a single green notification for all messages in a PM. As new messages come in we roll them up. Display something like “(4) my awesome private convo” in the notification.
- Change the clearing logic, so the notification goes away as soon as you visit the PM regardless of the number of messages you have left to read on that private conversation.
- Add a subscription control at the bottom, with watching / tracking / mute at least to allow user to get off the train.
- Add back in the [PM] string which was always supposed to appear on email notifications from private messages.