Limit the daily number of posts from a user

Is it possible to do this?
The only options I find are “silence” and “suspend” (I use another language so I don’t know if I translated these correctly).

Anyway, what I want to do is limit the number of posts a user can send in a period of time so they don’t fill the platform with their short and usually meaningless messages.

Thanks

(Bart) #2

I think this is better solved with a clear moderation policy; educate your community that meaningless posts are not tolerated. If you cap the number of posts for all users, you’d be punishing the good ones too and you may loose out on great conversations.

(Jeff Atwood) #3

You can lock the user at trust level 0, which means they’ll be subject to fairly strict TL0 limitations.

That’s why I asked to limit for a specific user, not everyone :slight_smile:, but I see how my phrasing could lead to misinterpretation.

This seems practical, but the limitations don’t seem to influence the number of posts.
The reference I found is this What do user trust levels do?

(Jeff Atwood) #5

I suppose you’re right; the protection I am thinking of is

max topics in first day
max replies in first day

There is some subtlety here, however, because the first “day” begins 24 hours after creating their first post.

I wonder if we should extend these limits to TL0 as well. I know @sam has mentioned this before…