Link custom user field to user's profile URL in external website

What would you like done?
We have a Discourse forum for our community discussions. Our main web application is written in Django and Discourse forum uses SSO to authenticate users.

We would now like to show user’s profile URL (from the main app) in the Discourse profile page. There is a guide of how to do it exactly at Link custom user field to external website

I have attempted the guide once but failed but others have succeeded. I am a bit busy with other parts of the project. So I would like to hire a freelancer who could help me with this task.

When do you need it done?
Next week

What is your budget, in $ USD that you can offer for this task?
$100

Hi Mike,

That guide is not working anymore because of latest Ember update, it needs to be updated as well.

I will try to fix and verify that guide tomorrow. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

I’m sure you already know of all the changes, but if it’ll help to see some user card customisations (heavily inspired by your brilliant guide) which have already been updated to work with Ember 2.10, then: https://gist.github.com/LeoMcA/1b645c52f0dfa19cb9cdc2d6428a3c99#file-head-html

8 Likes

Thanks a lot for your help, Arpit.

1 Like

Guide is updated.

Awesome! I just made the guide wiki, so feel free to improve it further as you see fit.

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.