Linking comments

Team,

If some comments in the post dont appear directly replied under the intended post as response. Can they be linked together to seem like replied to the exact question.

e.g.

question A
question B
question C
Answer A
Answer B
Answer C

Need to make it look and read like:

question A>>
Answer A
question B>>
Answer B
question C>>
Answer C

1 Like

There’s the enable filtered replies view admin setting that may help.

That provides a filtered view of just the replies to the selected post when you click the button circled in blue:

Though it does rely on ‘Answer A’ being a direct reply to ‘Question A’, and not just a general reply to the topic.

3 Likes

Thanks @JammyDodger for the suggestion. Yes, that works correctly even now.

The scenario is I asked the team to create a FAQ and now its not connected to the right question.

Looks like the participants missed replying to the individual poster and ended up replying to the “reply” button on the main post.

Is there a way to link them up?. Since it was a big collaboration effort, redoing is impossible.

3 Likes

Hmmm. :thinking: I don’t think there’s a way to direct a post to a different/specific reply after it’s been published. There maybe some scope to add a new post directed at the right reply with a copy/paste of the original text, and then ‘change ownership’ to the right user? Or possibly some ‘move post’ juggling? None are particularly elegant solutions though, and I think a lot depends on the current format/sequence of the FAQ topic.

Have you got a link you can share?

1 Like

Can you move the FAQ into the first post in a topic, with DiscoTOC enabled to give it a nice hierarchy? The post can also be a wiki so anyone in the community can contribute to it.

This is how we did it in FAQ: Frequently Asked Questions - Community Guidelines - Legal Empowerment Network Community Discussions and it reads quite well.

2 Likes