Members without any requirements

Hi, some projects and companies are now using Discourse, including a project I’m extremely active in! In this one, however, I realized something quite confusing! So far 2 members (and probably not even all I’ve seen) have member status even though they only registered on the same day!

We remember the requirements:

• Visiting at least 15 days, not sequentially
  • Casting at least 1 like
  • Receiving at least 1 like
  • Replying to at least 3 different topics
  • Entering at least 20 topics
  • Reading at least 100 posts
  • Spend a total of 60 minutes reading posts

As already mentioned, it is about the first point, the user only registered today! As you can see on the screen, the status was only granted 3 hours ago! Strange, it took me 1.5 years (I’ve been there since 2020)

It could have been granted manually by an admin

Or maybe they are a part of some kind of group which grants higher trust level upon joining the group. I suspect this due to the pro flair.

1 Like

I thought about that too, but it can’t be that two users get this! Which only registered on the same day! And these two are probably not the only ones

Those are defaults of Discourse, right? I’ve changed TL demands on my forum.

As I said earlier, They’re probably part of the “pro” group which grants TL2 for the users added to that group.

But I was also a pro and didn’t become a member either

As? Can we change it?

admin -> settings -> trustlevel

Updating the trust level requirements doesn’t alter the badge text. It’s a pretty common oversight.

You’ll need to contact the admins of the forum and ask them for an explanation. As suggested, there are many reasons that users could have some other trust level.