Microsoft edge keyboard j/k has unwanted box outline

Edge has a giant black box around posts while selected which extends on to the timeline.

2 Likes

My solution would be to tell people not to use Microsoft Edge.

I infer that you propose some other solution.

There has to be CSS to fix this, just not sure what it is off the top of my head hence … #pr-welcome

I use Edge as my main browser and didn’t have many complaints about it.

… then Sam made me press the J key.

Damn. Now I have to stop using Chrome just for testing and Edge for everything else…

What I do recommend to people that is not snarky, jerky, and sarcastic, is that almost all web designers use chrome or Firefox. If you plan to use web sites that have been created by web designers, you should use chrome or Firefox.

I use edge … sometimes… it is fast… but I am not a huge fan of the rendering, it just feels more “jerky” than Firefox or Chrome.

1 Like

Maybe I’ll change my advice to novices " most web developers use Firefox or Chrome most of the time…" :slight_smile:

I’m thinking that it’ll be a while before I have access to a Linux port of Edge.

It is quite fast at rendering, actually, but its JS engine is only moderately fast. JS speed did improve a fair bit in the latest creators update.

1 Like

By the way this seems to work fine now in the current Edge, so it looks like either we accidentally fixed the markup, or Edge fixed its internal implementation of browser rules.

Oh wait you are referring to the dotted outline? I didn’t even see that, why would we care about that? Whatever field you tab to has that outline, e.g.