Migrate assets to s3 rake tasks

Hi,

We have multiple discourse instances storing assets locally that we would like to move to s3. We have some questions regarding that process:

1. The recommended way seem to be using the uploads:migrate_to_s3 rake task. Is this task idempotent (can we re-run it if something goes wrong ?)
  2. Is there a verbose mode with this task to get more information about what went wrong if need be ?
  3. We had an issue with a previous migration where some assets were not uploaded to s3. Is there an easy way to list which ones to understand what’s going on ?
  4. I’m not sure about the s3:upload_assets task, is it called as part of the migration to s3 when doing uploads:migrate_to_s3 or should I call it also if I want everything to s3 ?

Thank you for making Discourse !

Yes, you can run again.

No, I don’t think there’s a verbose mode.

You need to run the upload assets rake task at every rebuild. If you follow the Configure an S3 compatible object storage provider for uploads guide it gives you the lines to add to your yml.

Thank you for your answers

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.