Minor reply box issues on mobile

I noticed two issues for the first time today related to the reply box. I’m pretty sure both of these issues are new. I’m not sure if #ux is the right category to put this, but nothing is really broken so it felt more appropriate than the #bug category.

The first is just a minor styling issue. Notice that the preview button is a bit close to the border. As far as I can tell, the calendar icon is new, so maybe that pushed it over too far. I’m using a standard size iPhone 8 in portrait mode.

The second issue I’ve never noticed before, and now it’s happening all the time. So I’m fairly certain it’s new, but I can’t say for sure. Basically, when I try to scroll the emoji dialog, if I touch the screen on an emoji it can’t scroll. It only lets me scroll if I happen to touch the screen between one of the emojis.

3 Likes

Preview button spacing is definitely odd cc @awesomerobot

Can you repro the other issue @joffreyjaffeux?

There is a divider there, but some resolutions & screen width combos eat it. Will fix.

10%20PM

The new dates button also pushes the preview button off-screen on the tiniest mobile devices (320px wide). I can fix that while I’m at it.

01%20PM

8 Likes

We also have upload twice, in the bar and in the bottom right. Removing from the bar can give it some much needed space.

9 Likes

Spacing/divider fixes here

https://github.com/discourse/discourse/commit/8e9d0ceb67021d0d534a833f80f9400092b38fa8

6 Likes