I am discovering Discourse.
I have just installed it (v2.2.0.beta9 +83), for testing purpose for now.
I used the 30mn quick installation through docker, with the standalone sample.
I couldn’t set the email smtp right, but I could find help to activate my account in the database (update email_tokens set confirmed=true where email=‘myemail’) and I could log then. I am precising this just in case it were linked to my actual issue.
I could setup the wizard, and chose the light blue theme proposed by default. No plugin, extension, customization at all : I just try to install and test discourse.
The problem is : I have no icon at all in all the website, except for the personal icons I have uploaded during the wizard.
If it can be of help :
- My computer is on Windows 10
- I have a VirtualBox installed with Ubuntu 18
- Docker and Discourse are installed in this Ubuntu
- Because the DISCOURSE_HOSTNAME is mandatory during the setup, I have set it to localhost:8080
- I have a redirection of the Ubuntu guest 8080 towards the Windows host 80 so that I can test in my host Chrome browser
I could use some help because the website is quite ugly without all the font awesome icons!