Mixcloud Embeds have stopped working

Posting in this thread here: Weekly House Flavoured Mixes - Mixsets / Gigs / Events - Mixxx

Mixcloud embeds were working fine and then just stopped working.

In the preview it shows the image in the player, but nothing else. On post it doesn’t show. If I post a current link here it will work. Thread length maybe? Too many cooks?

I just tried to post this guy

And got the same results there. Empty space where there should be an embedded player.

1 Like

It’s working here, but not there.

1 Like

If you are on latest discourse beta, this implies your server IP might be blocked by mixcloud?

4 Likes

On my forum when posting mixcloud links they just show up completely blank

Working here though

1 Like

I have the same issue on the latest discourse. Doesn’t look like an IP blockade.

1 Like

Reporting the same issue with Mixcloud embeds, Discourse version 2.7.0.beta4 (hosted by Digital Ocean) - a small image of the cover art appears in preview and it is completely gone once posted.

Using the embed iframe code works fine, so it seems very doubtful it’s an IP block issue.

what @enmossed said: I’m still experiencing the same issue with onebox not working

Have tried adding mixcloud domain to ’ allowed onebox iframes’ and ’ allowed iframes’ in admin settings but still not showing (but does show in preview).

Inspecting in chrome iframe is appearing before the html/body part of the iframe, could that be the problem?

Discourse latest version (as of right now) on DigitalOcean.

Test

Works here. Don’t forget to add the mixcloud site to the site setting of allowed iframes.

I have also tried in Discourse safe mode, still doesn’t work (in both Chrome and Edge latest on Windows 10).

Is there anything wrong with how I have implemented the allowed iframes settings here?:

(Although ‘*’ is already included I tried to add mixcloud but am getting a strange error (‘You specified the invalid choice’ which I am not sure how to resolve)

OK there seems to be a difference between the ‘src’ tags

In this discourse instance it is ‘src=’ and it works
On my instance it is ‘data-unsanitised-src=’

In dev tools if I remove the ‘data unsanitised’ bit the player then shows

Does this shed any new light on the issue?

I think the unsanitised bit is for when it’s not been added to the iframe list. Are you checking with new examples, or clicking ‘rebuild html’ from the post wrench after you’ve white-listed mixcloud?

Very strange, I removed the soundcloud entry from the ‘allowed onebox iframes’ (leaving only ‘*’) and I think it’s started working…

I have just added the soundcloud link to my allowed onebox iframes and that has blanked out all my mixcloud embeds, so I think you might be on to something. :+1::slightly_smiling_face:

I did not know about this…

Cheers @JammyDodger think that rebuild did it!

1 Like

Hey, we’re also having this issue now and I can’t seem to get around it having tried the tips in this thread. Anyone else?

1 Like

I think this has now been moved into the onebox proper, and no longer needs the iframe setting: :+1:

2 Likes