Moderator not able to move topic

A moderator reported the inability to move a topic from a public to a private area and gave this photo

I expected him to move it to a new topic which was not available for him as it was me

and he also got the error trying to move it to another thread

What can I check or correct?

My only observation which I did not attempt to change is due to the nature of my forum I only have two types of members, paying and not paying, there are no auto bumps paying are level 2 members

I’ll try to recreate the situation and bump his trust level but if that is the case, level 2 prohibits his ability to moderate I have to guess that’s an oversight in how these permissions are intended to work?

Did the moderator select all posts in the topic? Then you cannot move to a new topic.

2 Likes

Topic will move when category is changed. That’s it.

3 Likes

Moderator’s don’t have the ability to split posts into a new message the same as admins, but they can convert a whole topic into a PM using the option in the topic wrench.

Sorry, I may have misread what the issue was.

If the private area is another category rather than a PM, then Moin and Jagster are correct. You’d change the category of the topic rather than use the ‘select post’ functions. You can only create a new topic when splitting out posts rather than moving a whole topic.

3 Likes

Yeah, I did as well and you guys set me straight so I let him know the correct method, thank you all

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.