I’m not the dev, but hopefully this can become a useful topic to discuss Mumble, a VOIP solution that allows hundreds of users to have audio and text discussions. Heavily used by podcasters for years and serves as an open source alternative to Teamviewer, Discord, etc. It is very low latency and can be run on low end systems with 512mb ram.
A Mumble Viewer plugin for Discourse that displays channel and user information.
The plugin adds a button to the header.
- The button displays the number of users connected to the Mumble server.
- Clicking the button opens a menu with the list of channels and users.
- Idle users have a toned down icon.
- Information is refreshed periodically (configurable).
Screenshot of the plugin in action:
How to install
Follow the guide on how to Install a Plugin for Discourse but add this repository URL instead.
Then go to Admin > Plugins and choose Mumble settings:
- mumble_interval : the interval between information refreshes
- mumble_cvp : the URL to the Channel Viewer Protocol service
- mumble_xml : whether the URL to the CVP service is for XML, otherwise will use JSON