I just noticed on Meta a bug where muting a topic is still sending me notifications about the topic. Upon looking into this specific case, it’s even stranger.
Here’s the scenario:
- I am “Watching” the plugin category. I started getting email notifications about this topic: Discourse Voting
- I don’t want to receive notifications on this topic, so I muted it.
- I’m still receiving notifications
- Stranger still, I can’t see the topic listed on the plugin category page at plugin - Discourse Meta
What’s going on?
Is this a recategorization issue? Check the history on the first post (pencil icon at upper right of it), was that topic recategorized?
Could also be subcategory vs. category issue.
If a topic is muted it should be properly muted, going to check this out on local got it bookmarked.
It looks like it is muted correctly:
My gut feel is telling me:
- posts were made, notification was queued
@jesselperry muted it but has notify me even when I am on the site checked
- we don’t do a second test to check if it is “really” muted 10 minutes later
EDIT I think this confirms my gut feeling
@codinghorror when ticked that help text is MIGHTY confusing, will hide it if it is ticked … cause … ouch
Is this a related issue: Count still appears in the window tab for individually muted topics.
Full post: Muting Topics - Meta - Online Go Forum