- Add candidate trust level (or internal bit).
- Add configurable leader/candidate activity requirements similar to regular.
- Regulars are automatically promoted to candidates after meeting the requirements.
- Candidates have no special powers.
- Members and non-candidate regulars can vote for candidates.
- Each voter gets 1 vote witch that they can switch between candidates (or noone) at any time.
- When a Candidate’s vote count reaches a configurable % of total members (or a fixed number), they become leader.
- Voters can still cast or change their vote on a leader.
- If a leader’s vote count falls below the threshold, they are demoted back to candidate.
- If a candidate or leader falls below the activity requirements they are demoted to non-candidate regular and there vote count is cleared.
- THIS SYSTEM CAN BE DISABLED!
Thank you for reading, comments and suggestions are appreciated.
I am not sure what the default activity requirements and vote threshold should be. I will leave that up to you guys.