My own post is marked unread when “don’t jump to post” preference is enabled

(Eli the Bearded) #1

Let’s say I’m tracking a topic. I’ve read everything in it, and then select a post besides the last one to reply to. My own post then gets flagged as a new unread post for me in “latest” or suggested topics. But I wrote it, so I have read it.

Is this intentional behavior? I didn’t notice it happening until the last few months.

As an aside, when I try to duplicate this bug on try.discourse, I can’t. It seems like the “Don’t jump to my post after I reply” preference is ignored there, so any post jumps me to that post and it is, thus, “read”.

Posts I write should automatically be read
(Jeff Atwood) #2

I have never seen this behavior. We’d need repro steps.

(Eli the Bearded) #3

Like I said, I’ve been trying to reproduce it here:

but I can’t get the “Don’t jump to my post after I reply” preference to work for the test.

(Jeff Atwood) #4

So this is tied to that preference?

(Eli the Bearded) #5

Yes. And I got it reproduced there.

1. Set the preference. The wording is confusing IMHO, but check the box next to “Don’t jump to my post after I reply”
  2. Log out.
  3. Log in again.
  4. Have a long topic (several screenfuls is enough) for which you have read everything.
  5. Go to a post that isn’t at the end of that topic. I used a bookmark for my second test.
  6. Reply to the post.
  7. Return to “Latest” for:

Posts not being flagged as read due to CSS changes
(Joshua Rosenfeld) #6

Well this is an old topic…

This issue came up today on one of our sites. It does require Don't jump to my post after I reply to be enabled, but it’s still reproducible.