Which posts inside 1 topic users read mostly?
- First post - user can get it by 1 click at navigation bar - it’s OK.
- Last posts - user can get it by 1 click at navigation bar - it’s OK.
- Best Answers / Canned Reply - if such function display chosen post at the top of topic - it’s OK.
- Own posts - to find them user or must scroll and scroll, or must use search and then open each found post at new window one-by-one - it’s NOT OK.
- Reply to own posts - to find them user or must scroll and scroll, or must use search and then open each found post at new window one-by-one, or must search for correspond notification and then reopen topic by link - it’s NOT OK.
We see that on users own/reply posts searching - to minimize the users time wasting and to minimize server resources wasting because of unneeded posts loading - current navigation needs some improvements.
I suggest a very simple but very convenient solution:
A) Add to navigation bar top&bottom special fast shortcuts for #4-5 as: at top My prev and Reply prev, at bottom My next and Reply next - by clicking on them users will instantly jump to correspond posts.
B) Also you can add colored marks on navigation bar with in-out symbol and even nickname of respondent like: user reply to “➔ Johny”, user got reply from “🡸 Peter”, or just like conversation with " with Kevin". Also it’s possible to add simple icons to display which posts have URL/image/video/file attachment. Or for minimizing you can display arrows my/reply only and display all details on mouse hover.
I’m sure it will be very useful and time&loading saving for most users.
Waiting for your reply and then will post next my improvements suggestions.