Hello Community! after installing discourse I am struggling with email setup. I did necessary setup with mailgun. Sending email to firstname.lastname@example.org from my mail.google.com (normal gmail) is working fine. But when I use it with app.yml config, I get following error and did not receive an email. It is very 1st email, I am not able to sign up for my forum.
I think it is due to plain auth. I read it on one of thread. But I don’t know about solution.
I have taken look over some other smtp threads in this problem.
- UNEXPECTED ERROR Net::SMTPAuthenticationError
- Port 443 of computer does not appear to be accessible using
- Unable to send mails using Discourse
- Cannot send email - problem with port 465 - #9 by RGJ
- Yet other SMTP 587 port email various errors
- Smtp doctor test using port 465 even though its configured to use 2525 - #11 by Bryan_Joseph
Thanks for your time and support.