I dont know whats wrong with the SMTP service

I use the service of mailgun.com to send mail, but the SMTP I set up according to the tutorial doesn’t work.I can’t even finish registering as an administrator

the log in shared/standalone/log/rails/production.log

Started GET "/finish-installation/register" for 54.151.175.32 at 2023-01-11 18:37:43 +0000
Processing by FinishInstallationController#register as HTML
  Rendered finish_installation/register.html.erb within layouts/finish_installation (Duration: 8.2ms | Allocations: 750)
  Rendered layout layouts/finish_installation.html.erb (Duration: 33.4ms | Allocations: 3008)
Completed 200 OK in 54ms (Views: 36.7ms | ActiveRecord: 0.0ms | Allocations: 4064)
Started POST "/finish-installation/register" for 54.151.175.32 at 2023-01-11 18:37:45 +0000
Processing by FinishInstallationController#register as HTML
  Parameters: {"authenticity_token"=>"rxWiZY9rnT7TRGYXw*****************************iBAFuOoz7pQA", "email"=>"*************************@gmail.com", "username"=>"youyou", "password"=>"[FILTERED]", "commit"=>"Register"}
start
Redirected to https://bbs.doublekm.xyz/finish-installation/confirm-email
Completed 302 Found in 47ms (ActiveRecord: 0.0ms | Allocations: 2579)
  Rendered layouts/email_template.html.erb (Duration: 1.1ms | Allocations: 35)
Started GET "/finish-installation/confirm-email" for 54.151.175.32 at 2023-01-11 18:37:45 +0000
Processing by FinishInstallationController#confirm_email as HTML
  Rendered finish_installation/confirm_email.html.erb within layouts/finish_installation (Duration: 2.5ms | Allocations: 380)
  Rendered layout layouts/finish_installation.html.erb (Duration: 21.1ms | Allocations: 2643)
Completed 200 OK in 26ms (Views: 22.8ms | ActiveRecord: 0.0ms | Allocations: 3240)
Job exception: Net::SMTPUnknownError

fail

SMTP settings

DISCOURSE_SMTP_ADDRESS: smtp.mailgun.org
  DISCOURSE_SMTP_PORT: 587
  DISCOURSE_SMTP_USER_NAME: postmaster@sandboxba2******************d8f.mailgun.org
  DISCOURSE_SMTP_PASSWORD: "4223*********************************************5f57"
  #DISCOURSE_SMTP_ENABLE_START_TLS: true           # (optional, default true)
  DISCOURSE_SMTP_DOMAIN: sandboxba22************************8d8f.mailgun.org
  DISCOURSE_NOTIFICATION_EMAIL: no-reply@sandboxba22***************d8f.mailgun.org
  ## If you added the Lets Encrypt template, uncomment below to get a free SSL certificate
  LETSENCRYPT_ACCOUNT_EMAIL: me@example.com
[root@GreenCloud discourse]# telnet smtp.mailgun.org 587
Trying 34.83.33.178...
Connected to smtp.mailgun.org.
Escape character is '^]'.
220 Mailgun Influx ready
quit
221 See you later. Yours truly, Mailgun
Connection closed by foreign host.

You need to check the security option because it isn’t very precise and you need to turn it off (without compromising your security).

1 Like

Why are you using a sandbox account for Mailgun? You should be using the postmaster account which corresponds to the domain for your community.

Did you have problems adding and authorizing the domain which corresponds do your community?

What email address is your community configured to send email from?

2 Likes

You need to not use sandbox mode, which I believe can send only to a single address. There is no reason not to get mailgun configured properly.

See Troubleshoot email on a new Discourse install.

i use mailu to build a smtp service, i can send and receive the email

,but this time still wrong

and also i cant login by foxmail

the smtp setting

the discourse setting

ohh,i solved by open the ssl

does that means i should open ssl settings for discourse?

So you gave up on mailgun and decided to use something else that no one has ever heard of?

It says that it won’t let you send from norepy@bbs.doublekm.xzy. Change the notification email to Makima@bbs.doublekm.xyz, and see if that works.