New About page to be readable without login in

Hello Support

I made a new about page for our forum that I like everyone to view even without logging in like Tos / Privacy. When I click on the TOS / Privacy it goes to the post (with no login in) but when I click on my new about us I just get a spinning wheel. How do I make this link viewable like toc and privacy.

This would be interesting for me, too. Is it somehow possible to define which post should be visible for not logged in viewers?

Ping!? Does someone know if it’s possible to mark a topic / post to be public viewable (without login) like it is for tos/privacy?

Disable login_required in settings and use categories permissions for controlling what anonymous users can read.

2 Likes

Thanks for the idea. Sounds good but my security instinct tells me, this isn’t the best solution. :slight_smile:

It would be nice that these “special” pages like tos, privacy can be managed and other posts/topic could get these public access rights, too.

1 Like

That is the solution we, the Discourse team, use everyday, even here on Meta :wink:

We are explicitly against adding per topic security permissions. All security is handled at the category level, and every topic belongs to a category.

3 Likes

Understand you point completely. I see it from another perspective - even that I don’t know the code managing the tos/privacy access right yet:
There must be something that tos/privacy can be shown without log in. So, there might be a list which handles the access in which currently tos/privacy is part of. What about adding a setting so that other pages can be added to this list… (and now I will have a look at the code :slight_smile: )

2 Likes