New badge added: Scribe

Continuing the discussion from Grant a badge for anyone that posts in a certain category:

Using @downey’s query (so blame him if something goes awry! :badpokerface: ) I created a new badge: Scribe. You get this by having a topic in the #howto category.

Might be a day or so until the query propagates through.

4 Likes

Maybe also a second one for “first edit of a wiki topic” in the howto category, would have to be bronze cause its mainly about teaching.

Can’t have people gaming edits without edits being vetted it becomes painful

3 Likes

Or, to spice things up; first edit of a wiki-editable post. In any case I’m all for it, but I’d need the query wrapped up with a bow on top. I’m a copy-pasta kind of guy when it comes to SQL queries.

I’d say you’d want the first edit of a wiki post that wasn’t an edit by the original author … but that’s just my perception of such a badge.

3 Likes

I just got a notification, and I’m thinking… “What the heck is a scribe?”

Yes I know how to search for the answer… but you might want to add a description, what it is and how you get one.

[No idea why I just got one BTW… I haven’t posted in the how-to section for six months.]

hmmm … did you try clicking on the link?

ahh … I see the bug/s

1. No way to add long description in badge UI
  2. If long description is absent show short description on badge page.
1 Like

I think this has already been reported… Sorry for the noise.

1 Like

No this is actually a different problem. Related for sure.

Well, once this is deployed @erlend_sh can add a long description for scribe.

2 Likes

I should have mentioned that I fixed the SQL query for that badge last Friday. That’s why you only got the notification now :wink:

4 Likes