What would you like done?
Creation of a powerful new theme which utilises Tag-Pages and existing theme-components to deliver a highly flexible and user adaptive environment for community growth.
Users can be guided down desired routes, but also where users have unprecedented flexibility to adapt and evolve their own environment. Including a floating nav bar with popular team management tools means a user can create a new tag and instantly have access to a powerful workspace with its own kanban board, calendar, stats, and voting area.
Why Drop Categories?
Categories are limited in depth and not suitable for a user led evolving environment. We could keep them and have the tag-plugin only function on the bottom layer of a category, but its probably easier to just switch entirely.
How The Theme Works and New Components needed
Tag-page Navigation Boxes
The Tag Pages Theme creates boxes just like category boxes, for an admin defined number of the most commonly used tags in each Tag-Page. Admins can exclude tags from appearing in this component either sitewide, or in relation to each tag-page in the admin section to create a defined path to guide new users and customise where needed.
(for example ‘to-do’ is a functional tag for the Kanban plugin and would be excluded sitewide
Underneath navigation boxes is a bar with links to the next most common tags for quick navigation. This bar is side scrolling and users can swipe to see more tags on each-tag page. It also adheres to the exclusion rules defined for the navigation boxes.
To create the evolving and flowing workspace it will include a floating footer which navigates between popular project discourse management plugins/components by adding text to the url for each tag page.
url appends to: /tags/reactjs/l/latest?board=default
Now the user is viewing the Kanban board and tasks to be done related to that Tag-Page.
The same appending url navigation will work for the calendar plugin. For the voting it will combine tags using the ‘Intersection’ feature.
an example of displaying multiple tags:
Dependency Plugins and Structure
Tag Banner Title
Discourse Tag Banners
Search banner theme component
Tag description (if provided) also to add (‘pin’) important links
this functionality is in the category banner, but not the tag banner
Discourse Category Banners
Tag-page Navigation Boxes
[most common tag 1] [tag 2] [tag 3] [tag 4] [tag 5]
Other Related Tags Slider
Discourse Popular Tag Sidebar
5 theme component pages which link to the tag pages so users can switch between actions on the visible page
[Discuss] [Tasks] [Calendar] [Vote] [Stats]
- Discuss: Standard Discourse threads
- Tasks: Discourse Kanban for this tag page
- Calendar: Events Plugin for this tag page
- Vote: Discourse Voting Voting is enabled on all threads marked with the ‘vote’ tag, enabling governance and decision making to operate on any tag or intersection of tags sitewide.
- Stats: A modification of the Discourse Meta page, to add Tags as a filter and open the tag currently being viewed by the user
Major advantages to utilising Tag Pages to navigate:
- New users can be guided along a set path, while including the search bar for those who already know what they are looking for to skip directly to there.
- Users can easily create their own tags making the platform highly adaptive and user-led
- There is no depth limit. If Bob wants to make a ‘Bob’s Crazy Friday Group’, he can easily. If
- Users also have the god-tier ability to combine tags, and the tools in the footer bar still work perfectly. Creating incredibly powerful methods for cross-team collaboration, simply by adding a tag in a post to drop it into their work flow and call attention to it
Whats needed to create the theme
- Creation of Tag-Page boxes in the style of category boxes
- All dependency plugins working seamlessly together
- Tag-page support added to Voting and Calendar components/plugins
- Creation of a Floating Footer with Nav Links
- Text description added to Tag-Banners component
- Search component works with/embeds inside Tag-Banners
- Tag filters added to the Stats page so it can be used in the navigation
When do you need it done?
What is your budget, in $ USD that you can offer for this task?
We’re hosting a crowdfunder to raise funds for an alternative Summit at the World Economic Forum in Davos, aiming to inject more kindness and compassion into the heart of the economic world. The Summit will be powered by the Tag Navigation Theme, where ideas to benefit humanity will be suggested, discussed and built on the platform.
The best we can do in terms of funding is offering a percentage of the crowdfunder, the platform adds weight to the crowdfunder so completing it 1st will raise us more to divide up among those who help out (as we’re switching from a non-monetary volunteer community, to a blockchain backed community for creating peace and well-being)
We’re launching the blockchain Token which will incentivise people to build the top voted projects on our platform and will match the crowdfunder division with an equal amount of our tokens. I’d like people to chip in opinions and let us know how much it will cost to build this theme component, which will be open-sourced for everyone to use afterwards.
TLDR: we will reimburse everyone who joins in as fairly as we possibly can, and use the platform to deliver a lot of good into the world