New topic without all catagories showing up?

Good day,

On our page we have a lot of catagories (series of ships, let’s say “A-type”) and every catagory has quiet a lot of sub catagories, could go up to 15 per catagory.

Now when you want to make a new topic, you need to select a catagory in the drop down list. But you can imagine that with 10 catagories and every catagory over 10 sub catagories it is going to be a long list.

What could be the best way to prevent choosing from this long list? I was hoping that there is a possibility that you can only make a new topic in the subcategory you are “in”. In that case it should not be necessary to select from the drop down list as you can only make a new topic in the sub categories. But I would realy not know how to do this.

Thanks for any reply!

Out of curiosity why are you using categories, and not tags?

2 Likes

Thanks for your question. It opened my eyes actually. I didn’t know what you meant so I started reading.

And by reading the article of Clay Shirky - ontology is overrated I start all over again and understand much better how categorizing works, or better, how it actually not works at all.

So forget about my question :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes