New user cards and user profile page design deployed

I just tried using Chrome.

Not logged in - looks OK
Logged in - pushed down

The PM button at fault?

I canā€™t reproduce this at all, in any browser. Can you try dumping your cache or hard refreshing?

I emptied the cache, disabled addons (only have Ember inspector) and hard refreshed.
Same quirk. Maybe div.names width?

I donā€™t know why itā€™s Chrome but not Firefox :confused:

2 Likes

Did that before reporting it :smile: So, yes, it still happens :frowning:

Tested in Chrome - cleared cache and hard refresh
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/38.0.2125.111 Safari/537.36

Ah, cool, changing the margin does it for you too! :smile:

The fix is probably this:

1 Like

I still donā€™t understand why its not happening in my chrome ā€¦ maybe something about being an admin ?

By the way - checking your twitter link it looks wrong

The dots are not required and take up more space than not including them.

Perhaps really what Iā€™m trying to say is that itā€™s not obvious that your profile is made up of more text than displayed.

The ellipsis are to indicate there is still more content (such as the link to his blog), it seems how they are appearing though makes it seem it is related to the twitter link instead.

Youā€™re using a MBP with a Retina display?

I use everything, windows, mac and linux.

@sam Feel free to impersonate me to see if it occurs (not that you need my permission).

Just as an experiment, I cleared my cache and changed screen resolution (Just to make sure this was not my display settingsā€¦) The alignment issues continued. The only thing that I gained is a new appreciation for my 1080p display. How did we ever survive on anything else? :smiley:

Not having any luck here:

Linux, Chrome: Version 37.0.2062.120 (64-bit)

Windows, Chrome Version 38.0.2125.111 m (64-bit)

Mac Version 38.0.2125.111

@awesomerobot I wonder if this jutting out when no background thing is a good long approach. Success really depends a lot on position and avatar ā€¦ for example

and

and

Perhaps we should just square this?

I think it looks fine personally. The only one that is a problem is techapj and that is simply because black on black is never going to look right ā€“ and would not be fixed at all by adding more blackā€¦

I have a repro but I need to hit CTRL + 3 times for it to happen. Any simple fix @awesomerobot

As an FYI, Iā€™m not zoomed inā€¦ :confused: but Iā€™m pleased you found a way to recreate it.

Iā€™ll just suppress all default ā€œlistā€ margins on that <ul> element to see if it helps.

2 Likes