OS: Ubuntu 20.04
Server: vServer 4 Core, 16 GB
Disk: SSD 160GB
I recently upgraded to the newest Discourse Version. Now Im running into the Problem, that Discourse Reports Port 6379 is in use and so the Container can not be build:
When I check for all Ports in use, that Port is free
Something on the Discourse Check fails to recognize, that the port is free.
In Docker I can see, that only the Discourse Container started and everything else fails:
This problem really turned into a Paradox.
Discourse starts the redis-server pid in Docker and then crashes, because it started the process already:
I have a main Redis Installation on the Host running, but that one is on Port 6800, so it shouldn’t interferre.
It clearly looks, like the Check fails on itself, because Redis Starts itself succesfull and then reports failed, adress in use:
Can you please share your app.yml file?
Yes sure, thanks for looking at it . Here is my app.yml:
## this is the all-in-one, standalone Discourse Docker container template
## After making changes to this file, you MUST rebuild
## /var/discourse/launcher rebuild app
## BE *VERY* CAREFUL WHEN EDITING!
## YAML FILES ARE SUPER SUPER SENSITIVE TO MISTAKES IN WHITESPACE OR ALIGNMENT!
## visit http://www.yamllint.com/ to validate this file as needed
## Uncomment these two lines if you wish to add Lets Encrypt (https)
## which TCP/IP ports should this container expose?
## If you want Discourse to share a port with another webserver like Apache or nginx,
## see https://meta.discourse.org/t/17247 for details
- "12080:80" # http
- "12443:443" # https
## Set db_shared_buffers to a max of 25% of the total memory.
## will be set automatically by bootstrap based on detected RAM, or you can override
## can improve sorting performance, but adds memory usage per-connection
## Which Git revision should this container use? (default: tests-passed)
# DISCOURSE_DEFAULT_LOCALE: en
## How many concurrent web requests are supported? Depends on memory and CPU cores.
## will be set automatically by bootstrap based on detected CPUs, or you can override
## TODO: The domain name this Discourse instance will respond to
## Uncomment if you want the container to be started with the same
## hostname (-h option) as specified above (default "$hostname-$config")
## TODO: List of comma delimited emails that will be made admin and developer
## on initial signup example 'email@example.com,firstname.lastname@example.org'
## TODO: The SMTP mail server used to validate new accounts and send notifications
#DISCOURSE_SMTP_ENABLE_START_TLS: true # (optional, default true)
## If you added the Lets Encrypt template, uncomment below to get a free SSL certificate
## The CDN address for this Discourse instance (configured to pull)
## see https://meta.discourse.org/t/14857 for details
## The Docker container is stateless; all data is stored in /shared
## Plugins go here
## see https://meta.discourse.org/t/19157 for details
- git clone https://github.com/discourse/docker_manager.git
- git clone https://github.com/angusmcleod/discourse-question-answer.git
- git clone https://github.com/discourse/discourse-solved.git
- git clone https://github.com/discourse/discourse-voting.git
- git clone https://github.com/gdpelican/retort.git
- git clone https://github.com/davidtaylorhq/discourse-whos-online.git
- git clone https://github.com/vinkas0/discourse-navigation.git
- git clone https://github.com/discourse/discourse-spoiler-alert.git
- git clone https://github.com/iunctis/discourse-formatting-toolbar.git
- git clone https://github.com/discourse/discourse-tooltips.git
- git clone https://github.com/gdpelican/babble.git
- git clone https://github.com/paviliondev/discourse-quick-messages.git
- git clone https://github.com/worldismine/PM-Scanner.git
- git clone https://github.com/paviliondev/discourse-ratings.git
- git clone https://github.com/discourse/discourse-calendar.git
- git clone https://github.com/jannolii/discourse-topic-trade-buttons.git
## Any custom commands to run after building
- exec: echo "Beginning of custom commands"
## If you want to set the 'From' email address for your first registration, uncomment and change:
## After getting the first signup email, re-comment the line. It only needs to run once.
##- exec: rails r "SiteSetting.notification_email='email@email"
- exec: echo "End of custom commands"
Can you also post the full rebuild output?
I’m pretty sure that the lines you see happen in every rebuild since forever and don’t block the rebuild in any way, since we are just ensuring redis is running in two different hooks. Your problem is elsewhere.
Sure. If you need any other logs, I can provide them
I posted them on pastebin, because it’s over 3226 Lines and exceeds the Forum post limit: Pastebin.com - Potentially offensive content ahead!
That output shows a successful rebuild…
Isn’t your site working on port 12080 ?
Yes the the SIte is rebuilding again successful.
I found out the cause of the problem, why the site didnt load properly on me.
The fault was in a SSL Reverse Cert, which didnt autorenew and caused the site to not load the Images, which let me to assume, that the Redis Cache was not working
The Build shows the notice, but the Redis Server runs fine.
After renewing the SSL Cert, the site worked again.
Thanks for you support and sorry for my stupidity
This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.