Not Able To Send Mail - Access Denied

Hello,

I’m trying to set up mail with MailJet. The domain name and email is approved on my MailJet dashboard, but I can’t receive mail to access my admin account. In the guide it says to check the logs at /var/discourse/shared/standalone/log/rails/production.log. When I insert that into the console, it says access denied. I’ve checked an the email is set up properly.

1 Like

/var/discourse/shared/standalone/log/rails/production.log is a file path, you may view it by connecting to your server over ssh. You may need to use sudo to view the file, adjust to however you are viewing it.

2 Likes

So all together, how should that look written in the console?

I’m not sure what that means, so I’m not qualified to explain. I normally ssh into the VPS and use something like less to read files.

Also, Search results for 'production.log' - Discourse Meta.

Good luck! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thank You, that helped.

But I’m still not able to set up the mail to work

1 Like

Typing “MailJet” in the search will give you quite a few topics regarding setting up MailJet.
To access your admin account, use this https://YourForumDomain/admin
If it prompts you to login in, just use the email address you used to set it up (and the password).

1 Like

I get brought to a page that says it doesn’t exist. I searched the forum but I can’t find any useful info.

The main problem is that MailJet is not sending a verification email so I can log into my admin account.

1 Like

Can you see your site from the Internet by type your forum’s URL in the address bar? It would help to give a little more information about your site. Where is it hosted (Digital Ocean or another cloud service, or a dedicated server?).

1 Like

The issue is that the admin email won’t validate to get past the wizard.

The cause is likely mailjet settings or something blocking comms to mailjet from the VPS.

2 Likes

Yes I can

Domain from NameCheap, hosted with Digital Ocean, and MailJet for mail.

Would you happen to know a fix for this?

Ok, it looks like the email problem got self solved. I got an activation like in my email, but when I click it, this comes up:

That email was sent to me while I was sleeping so by the time I clicked the link it was 10 hours old, did it expire?

Yes, it expired. Were you able to get it working on your Digital Ocean server?

1 Like

No, it still doesn’t work

:frowning_face: I’m sorry to hear that. Are you following the steps on Set up Discourse in the cloud in under 30 minutes to install it?

Sorry I thought you were talking about something else

My Discourse forum is up and running

1 Like

Perfect! :smiley: I’m glad you got it working! Take care!

2 Likes