Not able to write '@' in console at DigitalOcean

Hi! I’m following the steps to install Discourse with DigitalOcean. I managed to create a droplet and add Discourse to it, my problem is that I’m not able to type ‘@’ in the console (I only get a ‘2’), and I’m not able to paste anything into it, so basically I’m stuck at the installation step where I’m supposed to enter the email and SMTP settings in the console. I’m at a MacBook, if that makes any difference. And I wasn’t able access the Droplet Console at DigitalOcean so I’m using the Recovery Console. Am I doing anything wrong or is there something I’m missing in regards to not being able to type ‘@’ or pasting into the console? Any help would be appreciated! Thanks in advance!

1 Like

Do you have the same issue if you boot normally and use ssh instead? I’ve had this issue in the past with their VNC consoles but never via SSH. For the record, my device is a late 2017 MacBook Air.

1 Like

Thanks for your reply! So I deleted the droplet and created a new one choosing to create it with SSH instead of password, if that’s what you meant. But unfortunately it didn’t change anything in the console.

1 Like

Problem solved, I believe. What seems to have been working for me was to copy the link in the pop up window that opened up when trying to reach the console, and pasting the link right into the web browser. Once there—in the browser and not the pop up window—I was able to type ‘@’ and paste text.

3 Likes

Sounds good, and if it happens again, try with an SSH client.

1 Like