Not getting Discourse Home page

I have installed Discourse following the steps mentioned in the git hub readme page. When the installation is finished and i try to open the discourse via the domain name, then i am getting the " Welcome to Nginx page instead of the Discourse page which is show in the git hub.
Do we need to change any setting for redirection to the Discourse home page.

I am using Ubuntu 20.04 running on a VM.

Can anyone help me.

Thanks in advance

Hi abhijit

Same issue i am facing too. Instead of landing discourse page, i am getting Nginx.

Thanks

did you follow the official install guide to install discourse ?

@IAmGav Yes i followed the instructions mentioned in the git hub guide. Is this issue related to redirection? Or we have to do some additional configurations for landing on the welcome page of the Discourse.

if you have followed the install guide and it installed, you should see the welcome page of discourse.

Check the install logs to see if there might have been a issue. Maybe do a reboot and see if that works.

@IAmGav Hi Gavin, hope you are well!
Yes, i installed with official guide. Is this work on VM or physical machine?

@vikas

if you have followed the install guide and it installed, you should see the welcome page of discourse.

Check the install logs to see if there might have been a issue. Maybe do a reboot and see if that works.

Make sure you do not have nginx running outside the container.

In the standard install one is spun up inside the container. Unless you are running multi-site you should not need two. If you do, you’d need to configure it properly. See: Running other websites on the same machine as Discourse

1 Like

Hello @merefield
I have checked my base machine , i dont have nginx/apache installed on the base Ubuntu machine.
Is there any particular file that i can check for the discourse home page config inside the docker created during the installation process.

After a rebuild (./launcher rebuild app) check the output to terminal does not conclude with an error message, then try ./launcher logs app to see if there are any useful error messages?