Notifications are strange when "Notify when liked" preference changed

Hello! I’m a user on the Hopscotch forums, and I have noticed a strange bug.

Basically, the notification I am pointing to, and all of the ones below it, are appearing to be there permanently. I know I have received notifications, as the top one changes each time I get a new one. The only one that is changing is the top notification. I am able to reproduce this every time I open my notifications.

Here’s what it looks like after I get a new notification:

As you can see, the top one changes, and all the others stay.

2 Likes

It stopped for a while, but now it started again.

It seems to just randomly stop working, I can’t figure out if I’m doing something to trigger it.

1 Like

FYI: The two screenshots you provided in the original post show exactly what I would expect to happen.

What did you expect to happen?

1 Like

Before you edited out the images in the first post. it was obvious that you’re experimenting with max Likes per day abuse.

Seems any Notification bugs related to the experiment would be affecting Like Notifications instead of Reply Notifications. But it’s hard to tell now since you’ve replaced the helpful images.

Have you tried different Preference Settings.

2 Likes

I would expect the first notification to shift down, but that first one was the only one that changed, and all the others stayed the same.

1 Like

Guilty! :smile:

I have tried the preferences, but nothing is changing. It recently worked, then stopped, within a period of 10 minutes.

1 Like

If it was that the first was updated and not new. It wouldn’t shift the others.

3 Likes

• The newest notification is at the top.
  • In this case two notifications are being “rolled-up” and combined because they are both about a reply to the same thread.
3 Likes

I think @Gilbert_189 meant the second notification, as it’s in the same place in both screenshots. Also, in the second screenshot, the notification that was first in the first screenshot seems to have disappeared completely.

3 Likes

Not what I see.
I see a “roll up” as DeanMarkTaylor explained.

That is “(reply icon) tankt2016” was updated to “2 replies”

This is preferred and by design, else there would be a notification for each individual post made in the topic.

Unless it is that a Like was being considered as a Reply. Which it can now no longer be determined not being able to see the original images.

5 Likes

Ah, I see what you mean.

I don’t remember this in previous updates, that’s an error on my part! Thanks for all the help!

2 Likes