Notifications not showing on iPhone 4s

We’re on a fairly recent version of Discourse (Admin shows a line where the version number should be).

Anyhow, on an iPhone, when I click on the avatar to view notifications, I see only the following:

Inspecting the code, the notification div (underneath “Profile”) is actually empty, even though on a desktop browser I have about 20 notifications.

I thought it might be a CSS issue at first, but there’s no actual content in the notifications area.

Version: Discourse 1.5.0.beta1 - GitHub - discourse/discourse: A platform for community discussion. Free, open, simple. version 4d78a7b1d5129998015b8582cbbae34b4e4bc8ca

Cannot repro on my iPhone on meta or try.

Which browser are you using?

Safari on iPhone. (The code screenshot is from Safari desktop, from which you can debug an iPhone that’s connected to the desktop.)

Have you installed any adblockers?

No, I don’t use anything like that. The phone is basically as it comes out of the box. It’s the latest OS, but it is an iPhone 4S, which might make some difference. The iPad is newer, and the notifications work fine there, so it could just be the device’s age, although it still seems a bit strange, as it works well otherwise.

Can you reproduce the issue here? If not can @santouras update to latest?

Good question. I just logged in here on the phone and the same issue occurs. Clicking on the avatar, the dropdown appears, the loading icon appears for a split second, and then the notifications section closes up with no content in it.

O well, seems like it might be something loopy with my phone if others aren’t seeing it on an iPhone. Figured it was worth reporting, but sorry if it’s a wild goose chase.

What iOS version are you on ? We want to sort it out

1 Like

Thanks Sam.

Currently iOS 9.0.2.

I think (but am not absolutely certain, unfortunately) that the problem started with our recent update. I’m pretty sure this used to work. (I don’t visit a lot on the phone, but was away over the week end and only had the phone available for checking in.)

FYI the website is up to date with latest discourse/master

1 Like

We have another report of this

and I expect it’s the same thing. Can you look at the height algorithm here @eviltrout? I think it’s freaking out on tiny height phones like the 4s.

1 Like

I don’t have an iPhone 4 here to test, but I tried with the simulator in 4s mode and it works fine. I tried here on meta, turtle rock and logged in / logged out. It always displays :frowning:

It may not matter since the 4 and 4s are so old and really excruciatingly slow to use. We have a 2011-era 4 here at the house and it is just brutal.