Notifications >> Tags >> Tracked / Watched

06 AM

I can’t figure out the exact workflow but it’s happened 3 or 4 times now so I know it’s systemic…

Saving a tag in preferences for notifications does not save. Sometimes this happens after I log-in / log-out and sometimes the saved tag disappears from the list.

Sorry I can’t manually reproduce, but, again, enough times and it’s caught my attention.

(Régis Hanol) #2

Without reproduction steps, there’s not much we can do…

Feel free to try as long as you want on https://try.discourse.org.

yeah. I’m going to just keep this bookmarked and i’ll come back to it if i can manage to repro it for you all. :thinking:

(Loren Smith) #4

I just ran into this bug on my instance. Appears to happen when saving users preferences.

Repro Steps:

• From admin account, add tag notification for user
  • Save changes
  • Navigate to a new setting on that user (such as changing the name)
  • Save changes
  • View notification setting changed on first step

Observe: the notification setting for the tags are now gone.

Note: It appears to take time to lose the settings after the save. I did these steps, saw that everything saved and the returned about 1-2min later to find the tag notifications were removed. Seems correlated to saving other account preferences though.

(Neil Lalonde) #5

@SquareTheBase Saving of each preference page is separate, so you should save the tag notification preferences and then navigate away.

(Loren Smith) #6

Ah - forgot to note that step in my repro steps, but I did in fact save the added tags prior to navigating away.

(Neil Lalonde) #7

I was able to reproduce. Hmm… Will look into it.

This applies to anyone, not only an admin changing someone else’s prefs.

• Add a tag to your notification prefs
  • Save
  • Navigate to Accounts prefs and change your name
  • Save
  • Your tag notification prefs are cleared

(Neil Lalonde) #9

I made a fix for this today. It’s probably been there for a while. People don’t use tag notification preferences very often? :cry:

(Loren Smith) #10

Thanks! I should have noted this earlier, but I think I saw the same issue within the settings view. Would your fix have been effective in that area?

(Neil Lalonde) #11

The settings in admin? Or something else?

(Loren Smith) #12

Yes, admin settings.

I removed the auto-generated email header, saved the setting… then navigated to the email notification time and saved that change. When browsing a bit later, the auto-generated email heading had returned.

(Neil Lalonde) #13

This fix won’t impact the admin site settings so report that bug in a new topic please.

(Neil Lalonde) #14