Offline Indicator Theme Component

Hello :wave: This theme component is a simple offline indicator which appears when user have internet connection problems.

Screenshot 2022-04-24 at 0.22.51

On desktop the indicator shows on bottom right.

There are some settings which you can customize the indicator.

offline indicator icon
You can use FontAwesome icons. This icon appear before Oops…You’re offline title.

offline indicator width
This width is only affect on desktop view. On mobile it use width: calc(100% - 20px);

offline indicator rounding
This is the indicator border radius. You can make the corners rounded if increase the value.

And translations…

26 Likes

Hi, does this work upon forum rebuilds (meaning the 5-6 minutes it usually takes)?

1 Like

This is a theme component, so you can add it from the /admin/customize/themes page with no need for a rebuild. :+1:

1 Like

I think he’s asking if the message is shown during a rebuild.

3 Likes

Doh. :man_facepalming: Yes. That does indeed make much more sense. :slightly_smiling_face: My bad.

4 Likes

Hello,

This one will not shown during rebuild. I used to create an offline indicator with offline.js that is always checks favicon, makes requests so that shown during rebuild too. But that seems to unnecessary to this feature for me and also can confuse users where is the problem? Server side or with their internet connection.

I believe you can do this with global notice too. Just add a notice before rebuild. :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Thank you so much for this great component! :grinning:

1 Like